DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Currently we are looking for a Area Service Manager to work in after-sales department, reporting to the Service Manager of the sales
subsidiary. The main mission of this position will be work as the ‘linking pin’ between
the dealer /end-customer and the sales subsidiary, cooperating
the Area Manager Dealer Sales and Parts. Also you ensure that dealers and/or Fleet Owners in his/her
assigned region perform in line with the aftersales policy in order to exceed end-customer and fleet owner
The working place is in San Fernando de Henares (Madrid) but the chosen candidate will work from home (if he/she do not live in Madrid) when he/she does not travel in bussines trips or attending meetings to Madrid sometimes.
- Monitor the business and advise the dealers / fleet owners concerning service (organization, technical knowledge, realized sales, delivered performance, etc) in line with contractually standards. If necessary take corrective actions.
- Coach dealers in reaching the agreed Dealer Targets, amongst others by providing and using targeted KPI’s.
- Develop, train, control and manage the dealers and their employees within their responsibility, concerning service, in order to optimize most cost efficient workshop output and lowest downtime for all Customers, by optimizing - amongst other- all processes related to Vehicle Intake, Diagnosis, FTR Repairs and Timely Return.
- Advise and support the Dealers with DAF Workshop -Efficiency, -Promotion and Technician Hiring programs in order to gain the maximum business opportunity and to generate more After Sales business.
- Discuss technical subjects with the dealers / fleet owners, analyze technical topics and solve these.
- Manage and ensure correct and timely execution of local technical field actions.
- Handle 24 hours assistance cases and complaints.
- Ensure all After Sales processes and systems are operational and optimally used at the dealers (workshop).
- Visit end-customers (with dealer) / fleet owners on a
- Permanent contract.
- Remuneration: between 40.000 to 42.000 euros + bonus if the company reaches its annual goals (3% to 6%).
- Social benefits: company car, medical & life insurance, flex-time and telework.
- Trainning plan.
- Career plan.
- Bachelor Degree industrial engineering branch or Degree in
Technical Industrial engineering.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in an industrial vehicles environment, preferably trucks. Some of this experience working in contact with dealer networks in commercial relationship.
- Knowledge of:
- trucks products and services, procedures and policies.
- the national market segments, international transport industry and competitors.
- business management.
- Handle of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good level of english: verbally and in writing (minimum B2).
- Valid driver license B. Another valid driver license will be valued.
- Avaliability to travel,40% - 50% of working time, through Spain and avaliability to travel hardly ever outside Spain.
- Competences: in depth commercial and managerial skills with end customers.